Baked Bread Rolls are far better than deep fried snacks. These consume less oil and give you crispy sensation. These are filled with vegetables and rolled with bread, so it is considered as one of the healthy evening snacks. It is filled with vitamins and nutrition like Vitamin A, Vitamin c and calcium.
Although deep fried and semi-fried snacks are not that good for health, I can’t resist their aroma or its taste. Especially during the rainy season, Indian street food makes me crazy. Also if you like to have a cheesy type you can add a bit more cheese and make it flow out.
For people who don’t like deep fried recipes, Baked Bread Rolls method going to be perfect as we are baking it. You may also like my previous post khoya rolls and date rolls. For snacks like this recipe, tomato ketchup goes well.
Baked Bread Rolls, How to Make Baked Bread Rolls, Cheesy Bread Rolls
- Soft bread - 6 slices Preferably fresh
- Cheese - 1 tbsp. Grated
- Carrot – 1 no.
- Green peas – 3 tbsp.
- Potato – 1 no. medium sized
- Garlic flakes - 2 no. crushed
- Butter - 1 tbsp softened
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red chilly - 1/2 tbsp. Crushed
- Sesame seeds Green chilly and tomato - few pieces (to garnish)
- Salt - as per your taste
How to Make Baked Bread Rolls:
- Cut the edges of the bread slices
- Boil potatoes, carrot and green peas individually.
- Mash veggies by adding little turmeric powder and keep aside
- Roll the bread with the help of a rolling stick
- Mix together butter, chili, garlic and salt to above potato mash.
- Apply this mix on all the slices and roll tightly from end to end, if needed you can use tooth pics
- Coat the rolls with butter and cheese.
- Cover the rolls with moist cloth
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- If you have used tooth pics, remove and bake oven for about 10 - 15 minutes till it turns golden brown and remains crispy
Tip: To garnish add small slices of tomato and chilly and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Baked Bread Rolls are ready, Serve hot With Tomato ketchup.