Eggplant salad also called Brinjal salad when made with fenugreek seeds makes it one of the healthy salad recipes. Recipes made with this vegetable are low in calories and contain good levels of micronutrients.
Eggplant Salad, How to Make Eggplant Salad, Healthy Brinjal Salad
Ingredients Eggplant Salad:
- Brinjal/ Eggplant - ½ kg
- Garlic cloves - 2 no.
- Green Mirchi - 4 no.
- Salt - As per your taste
- Vinegar - ½ tbsp.
- Fenugreek seed powder fried - ½ tbsp.
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Eggplant salad:
- First, clean the brinjals and cut down to a small size
- Apply salt and marinate for ten minutes
- Put the frying pan and add little oil and fry until it gets soft
- On other hand grind garlic and chilly into a paste.
- Again add one teaspoon oil to the vessel and fry garlic and chilli paste.
- Add vinegar and Fenugreek powder and mix well
- Add this paste to brinjals so that the mixture is applied evenly
- Now put in the refrigerator and serve along with your meals.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Another Variation of Eggplant Salad:
- First slice eggplants to your required shapes (half moon).
- Brush each slice with olive oil and place it on baking sheets.
- Bake it for 2 minutes and brush with lemon extract and oil.
Tip: As you are baking, you can make it a bit wet, this will help veggie to absorb the liquid.
- Bake until skin turns soft, remove and let it cool.
- Sprinkle little tomato sauce (optional) and pepper as per your taste and have it.
- Another Variation of Eggplant Salad:
- In this variation, you will slice brinjal into one-inch cubes and cook on low flame with little oil.
- Once they change their color, transfer to another vessel.
- In the same pan, add tomatoes and bell pepper chunks and cook until tender.
- Now add all ingredients in a single vessel.
- In separate vessel make tomato puree or use tomato ketchup.
- Add all ingredients and cook for a while until all liquid evaporates and gets a thick gravy.
This is a gravy version of Eggplant Salad.