Godhuma Rava Upma or Broken Wheat Rava Upma Recipe is one of the simple South Indian Recipe which can be made by every bachelor in no time. If you are in hurry then you may skip adding vegetables. Our version of the recipe is made without any veggies but still, you will experience excellent flavor.
Broken Rava is also called as dalia in Hindi, recipes made with this ingredients are loaded with fiber and has low fat which makes this recipe a perfect Healthy breakfast recipe.
When compared to semolina upma this recipe needs more water. In order to enhance the flavor of this recipe I have roasted rava and added water after adding roasted rava to onion and tomato mix. By doing this it will not only be free from forming lumps but has great taste.
Godhuma Rava Upma | Broken Wheat Rava Upma Recipe
Godhuma Rava Upma is one of the healthy breakfast recipes from South India. It is rich in fiber and low in fat.
- Godhumarava/ wheat rava – 100 gms.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Onions – 1 cup finely chopped
- Green chilies – 5-6 no.
- Ginger– 1 inch piece finely sliced
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp.
- Groundnut peas – 3 tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Water – 2 bowls.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. as per your taste
- Roast wheat rava for a minute till it turns color.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, once they start spluttering add onions.
- Add sliced green chilies and ginger pieces and sauté for a minute.
- Add groundnut peas and fry further.
- Add curry leaves and add tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute till tomatoes get cooked with lid covered.
- Add Godhuma Rava and mix.
- Taking bowl as measurement add two bowls of water and mix all ingredients.
- Add salt and cook for 10 minutes by covering with a lid, as it takes time to cook.
- Make sure rava doesn’t get stick to bottom at the end, there might be chances to get burnt.
- Serve hot.
How to Make Godhuma Rava Upma Recipe:
- First stir fry wheat rava for a minute till it changes its color, by doing so the aroma of this recipe enhances.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and onions.
- Add green chilies and ginger pieces and sauté for a while.
- Make a room for chana dal and groundnut peas and fry for a while.
Tip: You can add peas and dal before adding onions also.
- Add curry leaves and stir fry for a minute.
- Make a room to add tomatoes and put onions above tomato slices and cook for 30 seconds with lid covered.
- Add GodhumaRava and mix all together for a second.
- Pour two bowls of water and mix all ingredients.
Tip: Water ratio with respect to wheat rava is 2:1.
Note: We can add water first and when it reaches boiling point, we can add rava but we have added before adding water, by doing in this way we need not worry about forming lumps while adding rava.
- Add salt and cook by covering with the lid.
- When you find rava is cooked and water is almost evaporated, remove the lid and stir constantly so that rava doesn’t get burnt at the bottom.
- Serve hot. Godhuma Rava Upma or Wheat RavaUpma Recipe goes well with mango pickle.
Godhuma Rava Upma Video: