Mango cashew curry is a sweet, tangling and spicy delicious Andhra style recipe topped with cashew. It is one of the summer special mango curry recipes. It can be prepared with general kitchen ingredients.
Today I have explained how to make simple Mamidikaya Kura with minimal ingredients. If you wish you make colorful and more nutritional then you can add green peas, potatoes and capsicum along with green beans. This combination works for Vegan food lovers.
If you want to experiment same with non-vegetarian style then instead of veggies you can add chicken pieces while cooking. In this scenario chicken’s essence competes with a sweet and tingling flavor of mangoes. In addition, with the same style, you can even make mango chicken curry.
Mangoes are known as the king of fruits, its shape, color, the flavor makes it unique. In India, we make use of raw and ripe mangoes to cook. In some cases, raw mango is used for making mango pickle and in some cases mango Pappu (a recipe made with toordal). When it comes to juices it can be made ripe mango juice or even mango lassi. In the case of desserts, we have mango cake. Whatever the category, we make use of them.
Mango Cashew Curry, How to Make Mango Cashew Curry, Mamidikaya Kura
Ingredients for Mango Cashew Curry:
- Mango - 1 no.
- Cashew - 50 gms.
- Onion - 1
- Green chili - 3 no.
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Salt - Required
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Oil - 4 tbsp.
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 2 cups.
How to Make Mango Cashew Curry:
- Soak cashew for an hour prior.
- Mince onions and chilly.
- Cut mango into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions and chilly, once onions turn their color add cashew.
- After 5 minutes, add mango pieces, curry leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Once it is cooked, add turmeric powder, chili powder and a little salt.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Once you find thick gravy garnish mango cashew curry with coriander leaves and serve hot.