Mitha Khaja Recipe is one of the delicious special Diwali sweet recipes. This is described in north Indian style but it can be made in Andhra style – Madatha Kaja Recipe with regular kitchen ingredients. This recipe sounds less as it is one of the old recipes but is famous in Andhra.
Khaja is first deep fried in the oil and then dipped into jaggery syrup. In this scenario, khaja absorbs the syrup and changes its color to shiny golden brown. This sweet recipe is a bit crispy and juice filled recipe which one likes to eat more and more. Many people like to use sugar syrup but keeping health conscious, I made this recipe using jaggery.
As Madatha Kaja Recipe is one of the simple recipes one can make a short time, we find this sweet being made during many festivals as well as the wedding celebration, especially in middle class.
Mitha Khaja, How to Make Mitha Khaja Recipe, Madatha Kaja Recipe
Ingredients for Mitha Khaja Recipe:
- Plain flour – 1 ½ cups
- Jaggery - ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Ghee – For deep fry
How to Make Mitha Khaja Recipe:
- Add jaggery to the water and heat until it dissolves.
- Filter the dust particles and let them cool.
- Add 1 tsp. of ghee and cardamom powder to plain flour.
- Knead the mixture with the help of jaggery liquid.
Tip: While making Madatha Kaja, the dough needs to be stiff and elastic
- To the above quantity, you can make around 20 parts.
- Press the ball with the hand gently so that it bulges 4-inch width
- Pierce with fork or slit with a knife around the ball.
- Keep them on a clean cloth for about one hour so that they can dry and absorb less oil
- Heat ghee on a frying vessel and deep fry the balls until they turn golden brown.
- Mitha Khaja becomes crispy and hard once they are cooled.
- Store them in an airtight container.