This is a basic version of sauce made with tomato and garlic as main ingredients. This recipe can be prepared instantly and used with pizza or even pasta. We are not adding any preservatives to increase its shelf-life and all above we are adding Basil leaf for flavor.
It has the perfect blend of ingredients, all you need to take care is to use fresh and ripe tomatoes. You may also like to check traditional sun dried tomato pickle recipe.
Pizza Sauce Recipe – Basic Tomato Pizza Sauce
- Tomatoes – 5 no’s. medium size
- Onion - 1 no. medium size, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 6 nos. finely chopped
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp.
- Oregano – 1 tbsp.
- Sugar – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – As per your taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
- Paprika red chili flakes – ½ tbsp.
- Basil leaves – 5-10 no.
- Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp.
How to Make Pizza Sauce Recipe:
- Clean and remove the skin of tomatoes.
Tip: If you are unable to take the skin, then boil them for a minute or two.
- Put them in a blender and make a puree.
- In a non-stick pan, add olive oil and sauté chopped garlic cloves for few seconds.
- Add onions and let them fry till they turn golden brown color.
- Transfer tomato puree to the pan and cook on low flame for a minute.
- Add red chili powder, paprika, pepper powder and salt.
- Cook it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and basil leaves, stir for a while.
Tip: Adding basil leaves gives pizza sauce aroma and flavor.
- Cook further for 5 minutes and let it cool.
Tip: Take little Basic Tomato Pizza Sauce in your hand and taste it. If required add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Once cooled you can store in an airtight container or can be refrigerated.