Ragi Dosa Recipe is made unlike other dosa recipes, its main ingredients are ragi or finger millet flour and urad dal. Learn how to make Finger Millet Dosa which is one of the nutrition filled breakfast recipes.
I have seen many people doing instant millet flour dosa which doesn’t come perfectly. So I tried to illustrate with fermentation method. I always purchase whole millet grains and grind them in a flour mill. As millet is considered as one of the healthy foods, I try to add them while making ragi Chapatti and Ragi Idli Recipe.
Ragi Dosa Recipe, How to Make Finger Millet Dosa, How to Make Ragi Dosa
- Parboiled Rice – 250 gms.
- Urad dal – 100 gms
- Ragi flour/ finger millet flour – 250 gms.
- Rock salt – 1 tbsp.
- Water – required
- Oil – for greasing
- Baking soda – 1 pinch optional
- Clean rice couple of times and add 500 ml water for soaking.
- Wash urad dal and add 250 ml water for soaking.
- Let both rice and urad dal soak for about 5-6 hours.
- Drain excess water and grind rice until you a get a smooth consistency.
- Similarly, grind dal by adding required amount of water.
- Mix both batters in a single container.
- Add ragi flour and rock salt to the batter and cover the vessel with a lid.
Note: While adding ragi to the batter, Mix well and remove lumps if any formed.
- Keep the batter in a warm place for better fermentation.
Tip: During the process of fermentation, the batter rises, if not you can add a pinch of baking soda which is again optional.
- Place the dosa tawa and pre-heat.
Tip: Cut Onion to half and rub the layer of dosa tawa so that dosa can be removed easily without sticking.
- After fermentation, check the consistency of the batter, if needed you can a add little water.
- Based on the size of the tawa, pour appropriate amount of batter and rotate or spread batter with the help of a spoon or flat cup.
- Top oil over dosa so that it cooks well and give you crispy experience while eating.
Tip: While cooking, if the dosa has been spread very thin, you need not cook other side or else you need to cook another side also.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar.