As you are making this recipe in the microwave, you can skip the process of roasting bread in ghee. If you want an authentic flavor, I recommend roasting. I have mentioned in a tip how to roast bread.
Usually, Shahi or Mughlai dishes require more ingredients and time to prepare, but I tried to minimize steps without compromising with flavor.
If you are planning to make this recipe I also recommend you to try Raabdi recipe, you know you can interlink this recipe with the raabdi recipe. All you need to do is to make more quantity.
After you consume the raabdi dessert, left over can be used for pudding in this recipe, you can save time. In Hyderabad, you find this recipe preparation during eid and occasions.
Shahi Tukda Recipe, Shahi Tukra Microwave, Shahi Bread Pudding
- Bread slices – 8 no.
- Milk – 5 cups
- Sugar powder - ¾ cup
- Khova – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tbsp.
- Saffron – 5-6
- Kewra water – ½ tbsp.
- Almonds – 10 no.
- Almond powder – 1 tbsp.
- Pista – 15 no.
- Ghee – 2 tbsp. optional
- Silver foil optional
How to Make Shahi tukda or shahi tukra:
- Slice bread into 4 pieces and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add milk, sugar powder, khova, almond powder, saffron and kewra water.
- Mix and adjust the temperature to high and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take microwave-safe baking dish and place bread slices at the bottom.
Tip: In order to make this recipe more delicious you can brush the bread slices with ghee and roast it to the golden brown.
- Add milk and cook for 10 minutes without a lid at a high temperature.
- Garnish with silver foil, almond and pista.
- Shahi tukda or shahi tukra tastes great when served hot or chilled.