Vegetable Cutlet – It is one of the simple and healthy evening snacks which can be made with leftover vegetables with potato as a base ingredient.
You can use veg cutlet between two bread slices and have them like a sandwich. In our recipe we have removed vegetable boiled water, if you want to reuse it, you need to peel off the skin of vegetables before boiling.
Vegetable Cutlet | Veg cutlet | How to Make Vegetable Cutlet
- Maida/ all purpose flour – 3 tbsp.
- Carrot – 1 no. medium sized
- Potato – 1 no. medium sized
- Onion – 1 no. medium sized
- Green Peas – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic – 1-inch piece
- Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp.
- Green chillies– 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
- Dried bread crumbs – 4 slices
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Oil - required
- Salt – As per your taste
- Water – required
Preparation of Vegetable Cutlet:
- Make powder of dried bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Cut carrot, potato and onion into small pieces.
Tip: Here I have mentioned only two variants of vegetables; you can add your favorite veggies. Remember if you increase veggies quantity then you need to adjust salt and chili paste.
- Add the little water, salt and turmeric powder to above vegetables and boil them until cooked.
- Drain water and smash them gently, keep aside
- Make a paste of garlic, fennel seeds, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and fry onions till they turn color.
- While onions are about to turn their color add above paste and sauté for a while.
- Add mashed carrot and potato and cook for a minute or two.
- Once it is done, cool it.
- Meanwhile, make a paste of maida by adding a little water.
Tip: Consistency of maida should be like an idli batter.
- Make vegetable paste into small balls (round or gentle pressed) and dip in maida batter.
- Sprinkle bread powder and keep aside so that it dries.
- Once all balls are done deep fry them in oil or you can roast them on both sides by applying little oil on a tava.
- Serve vegetable cutlets hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.